The successful candidate needs to have a software background ( coding, scripting experience ) enabling support with applications on COTS products.
- Architects highly complex, global solutions across the appropriate engineering environments to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
- Reviews cost analyses and vendor comparison reports to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations. Recommends vendor/approach and presents to senior management.
- Reviews and recommends highly complex systems investment(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
- Provides escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance; provides support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of large, complex projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and provides management overview.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of highly complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology. Prepares reports and/or recommendations regarding new technology to appropriate personnel.
- Provides complex technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, systems engineering, physics, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Four to seven years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming or network engineering
- Experience working with specific software and/or hardware systems with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experience working with one or more structured programming languages
- Experience working with design principles and applications