About this Job
Provides Proposal Management support to clients. Oversees coordination of proposal activities ranging in size from $100 Million to over $2 Billion. Includes the development of proposal outlines and RFP/SOW compliance matrices; development of proposal requirements-driven outlines; assigning roles and responsibilities, and schedules deliverables; and development of proposal production and delivery plans that minimize risks and provide realistic completion deadlines. Coordinates, organizes, and leads the proposal team from kick-off through contract award. Plans and arranges in advance the necessary proposal production resources (manpower, money, and material resource requirements) and manages and directs all proposal production personnel and resources, to include proposal coordinators, editors, graphic artists, and desktop publishers. Exercises operational control over the Proposal Plan.
Directs Volume Leads, Section Managers, Book Bosses, Coordinators, and Production Managers and coordinates with Cost/Price Business Proposal. Sets and manages proposal plans, communication plans, schedules, and deadlines. Expected to maintain proposal process discipline and communicates continuously with the Capture Manager and proposal teams. Expected to determine items that are behind schedule, identifies barriers to progress, plans and implements effective and efficient problem-solving and corrective action plans. Captures Lessons Learned and implements R6S to improve the proposal process and product.
- Master\'s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master\'s degree in business administration or related field preferred
- Twelve or more years of proposal preparation and analysis experience
- Nine or more years supervisory or management experience included
- Experience working with company products, operating systems, and programming languages
- Experience working with proposal development
- Experience working with the technology industry
- Experience working with finance and accounting
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling sales narratives
- Association of Proposal Managment Professionals certification strongly preferred.